Sayer Vincent are experienced trainers and run courses for many organisations in the not-for-profit sector. With over 30 years’ experience in the charity sector, we have practical knowledge of the issues you face.
We have significantly discounted our seminar prices to make them affordable for charities:
- £75 for half day seminars
- £150 for full day seminars
- Free of charge to regular Sayer Vincent clients
Click on the event title below for full programmes and to book your place with Eventbrite. You may book a maximum of two people from the same organisation onto each event. We will then confirm your place by email and attach an invoice where applicable.
Contact us on email@example.com for more information or call us on 020 7841 6360 to talk to one of our team.
2018 training programme – London
How to be a good trustee
- This session is ideal as an induction for new trustees or a refresher for existing trustees, explaining the responsibilities and duties of charity trustees.
- It will cover the role of the individual trustee within the governance structure and the nature of collective responsibility. The session will also update attendees on the latest governance developments and will contain a mix of presentation as well as structured discussion to discuss issues around the trustee role.
Reading charity accounts
- This seminar will help participants better understand the key principles of financial management and in particular the skills to read a set of accounts and understand the financial position of an organisation.
- We will discuss key accounting principles, key terminology and provide useful resources for future reference.
Preparing charity accounts
- This one-day workshop aims to provide participants with an overview of charity accounting, the key stages in drafting a set of year-end accounts and tips on how to prepare for the audit.
- The workshop is designed for finance staff who may be new to an organisation or the sector, or those who need a refresher.
VAT made simple
- In this session attendees will be given a brief overview of charity areas such as non-business activities and the VAT status of various types of income such as grants, contracts, selling donated goods, fundraising events and sponsorship.
- We will also explain when you need to register for VAT and how to recover VAT on costs once you are registered.
VAT and Gift Aid on fundraising for charities
- Getting the best deal for VAT and Gift Aid may help you to increase your fundraising income.
- This session will look at practical aspects of managing the tax and VAT aspects of events and other fundraising methods such as membership schemes.
2018 training programme – Birmingham
- Charities are as at risk to fraud as any other organisation and in the age of cybercrime the risks are only increasing. Every pound lost to fraud is a pound that does not reach your charity’s beneficiaries.
- Through a mix of discussion and case studies, this training course will help understand fraud risk and give you practical tips on how to develop a fraud awareness culture and strong counter-fraud controls in your charity.
Charity tax made simple
- Tax issues are particularly complicated for charities. This course will cover:
- VAT – both VAT status of different income streams and VAT recovery
- Gift Aid
- Trading – what can you do in the charity and when do you need a subsidiary
- Business rates