Sayer Vincent are experienced trainers and run courses for many social purpose organisations. With over 30 years’ experience in the charity sector, we have practical knowledge of the issues you face.
We cover a wide range of topics with events across London and Birmingham and our seminars are priced to make them affordable for charities:
- £75 for half day seminars
- £150 for full day seminars
- Free for SV clients (unless stated otherwise)
You will find a full list of our seminars is below – just click on the date to go to our booking page.
2019 training programme – London
- Join us for a morning update session where we will deliver a comprehensive summary of key updates and changes in the law that will have an impact on the charity sector
- We will cover VAT, tax, financial reporting, SORP, governance and other issues relevant to charity finance professionals
- This session is aimed at anyone in a charity finance role and will provide attendees with information on key developments and information you need to know in 2019. The event is a one-stop-shop for your CPD.
Preparing Charity Accounts
- This full-day workshop provides participants with an overview of charity accounting, the key stages in drafting a set of year-end accounts and tips on how to prepare for the audit
- The workshop is designed for finance staff who may be new to an organisation or the sector, or those who need a refresher. We include an opportunity for questions as well as case studies and practical exercises and will be based on preparing accounts in accordance with SORP 2015.
VAT and Gift Aid on fundraising for charities
- Getting the best deal for VAT and Gift Aid may help you to increase your fundraising income.
- This session will look at practical aspects of managing the tax and VAT aspects of events and other fundraising methods such as membership schemes.
How to be a good trustee
- This session is ideal as an induction for new trustees or a refresher for existing trustees, explaining the responsibilities and duties of charity trustees
- We cover the role of the individual trustee within the governance structure and the nature of collective responsibility. The session will also update attendees on the latest governance developments and will contain a mix of presentation as well as structured discussion to discuss issues around the trustee role
2019 training programme – Birmingham
- This session will help you to think longer term to ensure that your organisation has the right business models and financial strategies to put the strategic plan into operation
- We look at reserves; the purpose of holding reserves and reserves policies, and what a balance sheet can tell you as well as considering how you can develop appropriate responses to risks, and think about how this links in with your overall and financial strategies.
Charity tax made simple
- Tax issues are particularly complicated for charities. This course will cover:
- VAT – both VAT status of different income streams and VAT recovery
- Gift Aid
- Trading – what can you do in the charity and when do you need a subsidiary
- Business rates