Seminars run in partnership with CFG
We have included events below where Sayer Vincent works in partnership with the Charity Finance Group. Please click on the links to visit the organisation’s website for full programmes and booking information.
Transforming your finance function
12 October 2017 London
- It can be easy to see what it is that you need to do to improve, but how do you get started and how do you get everyone to buy into new ways of working?
- This practical course will give you tools to develop the way you manage the finance function rather than the finances. We will focus on your relationship with other managers in your organisation, how you establish credibility for finance and deliver an excellent service to the organisation.
- Fraud surveys have demonstrated that charities are as at risk to fraud as any other organisation and in the age of cybercrime the risks are only increasing. Every pound lost to fraud is a pound that does not reach your charity’s beneficiaries. There are practical things you can and should be doing to keep fraud losses to a minimum.
- Through a mix of discussion and case studies, this training course will help understand fraud risk and give you practical tips on how to develop a fraud awareness culture and strong counter-fraud controls in your charity.
Finance for non-finance managers
8 November 2017 Birmingham
- This course will explain charity finance for those from a non-financial background.
- By the end of the day participants will have more understanding and greater confidence when working with budgets and accounts
Inspiring financial leadership
October 2017 – April 2018 London
- This course organised in partnership with CFG and Cass Centre for Charity Effectiveness offers finance professionals an opportunity to develop their broader management skills.
- The course runs over seven sessions covering topics such as; coaching for empowerment, vision and strategy, leading and influencing high performing teams and more.