Sayer Vincent are experienced trainers and run courses for many social purpose organisations. With over 30 years’ experience in the charity sector, we have practical knowledge of the issues you face.
We cover a wide range of topics with events across London and Birmingham and our seminars are priced to make them affordable for charities:
- £75 for half day seminars
- £150 for full day seminars
- Free for SV clients (unless stated otherwise)
You will find a full list of our seminars is below – just click on the date to go to our booking page.
2018 training programme – London
How to be a good trustee
- This session is ideal as an induction for new trustees or a refresher for existing trustees, explaining the responsibilities and duties of charity trustees.
- It will cover the role of the individual trustee within the governance structure and the nature of collective responsibility. The session will also update attendees on the latest governance developments and will contain a mix of presentation as well as structured discussion to discuss issues around the trustee role.
VAT and Gift Aid on fundraising for charities
- Getting the best deal for VAT and Gift Aid may help you to increase your fundraising income.
- This session will look at practical aspects of managing the tax and VAT aspects of events and other fundraising methods such as membership schemes.
2018 training programme – Birmingham
Charity tax made simple
- Tax issues are particularly complicated for charities. This course will cover:
- VAT – both VAT status of different income streams and VAT recovery
- Gift Aid
- Trading – what can you do in the charity and when do you need a subsidiary
- Business rates
2019 training programme – London
USAID Recipient Training Course
9-11 January 2019
- The significant changes in the rules and regulations set by the US Government in July 2017 are now applicable if your charity is a recipient of USAID funding. Attend our training course to receive up to date information for implementing the new rules and approach your ‘Yellow Book’ audit with confidence.
- Compliance is key and will be tested by your auditors. Requirements for international NGOs in receipt of USAID funding are now more complex and demanding. We will take a comprehensive look into what you must do to comply with the guidelines and effectively meet your new reporting requirements.
- Click here for more information on what will be covered over the three-day training course.