Qualified roles – London
Charities and social enterprises
Location: Central London office with some remote working (completely remote whilst lockdown/ highest tier restrictions apply)
Salary c£46,000 depending on experience
Sayer Vincent is an audit and advisory firm working exclusively with charities and social purpose organisations. We help social purpose organisations become more effective and enable them to be able to deliver more for their beneficiaries.
The firm has been growing steadily over the last few years and we are looking for fully qualified auditors. Qualified auditors work as part of our audit team delivering client work and provide coaching to less experienced colleagues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking client work which mainly involves statutory audits but will also encompass other client assignments such as due diligence, VAT, internal audit and training activities
- Following the firm’s policies and procedures on all work to achieve high standards and deliver an excellent service to clients
- Adhering to firm’s standards on independence and professional ethics
- Keeping managers and partners regularly informed of activities, capacity and progress on assignments to ensure that time is fully utilised
- Participating in meetings as appropriate, playing an active part in internal briefing and de-brief sessions
- Providing effective supervision and training to trainee accountants who are undertaking audit work
- Working autonomously for clients, presenting completed audit file for manager review, including management letter
What we are looking for
You will have external audit experience and be keen to stay in practice, but you may not necessarily have worked with the not-for-profit sector before. We are happy to share our expertise and train you on the challenges that the sector faces if you would like to start to build a specialism in charity audit. You will have accounts preparation experience both using accounting packages and incomplete records, have experience supervising audit staff and at least two years’ experience working on audit assignments.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working with other people and have good face to face and written communication skills, particularly when interacting with people from a non-financial background. The ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a matrix management structure and have a good ability to manage multiple deadlines.
Work with a friendly, supportive team of people
We think our staff are the best people to be around! Join us and you’ll be part of a brilliant group of qualified auditors, working alongside our qualified staff and trainees who are committed to doing the best work for our clients. We place our values at the centre of how we manage our organisation, and we value you as an individual who brings a unique perspective and approach.
We are committed to equal opportunities and applications from all suitably qualified or experienced people are welcome, regardless of age, disability, race, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
How to apply
To apply, click here to access our online application system. You should submit your CV and a cover letter.